Continuing Education and Workshops
From private dance studios to corporate meeting rooms, Paragon can enhance your commitment to wellness.
We offer educational presentations and hands-on classes for Pilates teachers and students, physical therapists and rehab professionals, dancers and dance educators, schools and athletic programs, and more.
Call the studio at (952) 405-9765 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
Here’s what our students have to say about our workshops and classes
I enjoyed being able to practice the exercises specifically for prenatal and postpartum clients. I feel empowered with knowledge and more confident now in working with my clientele. Thank you for a great workshop!Continuing education student
Cari is a master in the art of teaching Pilates in a safe, passionate and respectful way. The Orbit is a very enjoyable and challenging piece of equipment benefiting beginners to advanced students.Continuing education student
Cari was absoutely amazing. I would recommend her to anyone. Her teaching style was warm and inviting. She was incredibly knowledgeable and so easy to learn from.Continuing education student
Upcoming workshops, classes and events
Expand your teaching repertoire. Grow in your practice. And, have fun while you’re doing it.
Balanced Body workshops
Expand your teaching expertise with these engaging workshops from Balanced Body. For more information and to register, please use the Balanced Body Education Finder.
- Mar 18, 2017: Pilates Arc (on the Mat and Reformer). 6 hours
- Mar 24-26, 2017: Anatomy in Three Dimensions™. 14 hours
- Apr 29, 2017: Orbit™. 6 hours
- Oct 20-22, 2017: Anatomy in Three Dimensions™. 14 hours
These unique and informative workshops were created by our expert team at Paragon. For more information and to register, please use mindbodyonline.
Speaking engagements and events
Paragon’s Cari Riis Stemmler will be presenting at the following 2017 events sponsored by the Minnesota Dance Medicine Foundation.
- Sept 23-24, 2017: MDMF Annual Conference for Medical Providers and Dancers
Join the staff of Paragon for CPR training! Certificate is good for two years. Course fee is $45 payable in cash or check on day of course, pre-registration required. Call or email Paragon to register.
- Feb 3, 2017: American Heart Association Adult/Child CPR and AED Training, 3:30pm-6:00pm
Paragon Mentor Series
Informal, 2-4 hour lectures about Pilates topics and health conditions taught by Paragon’s Cari Riis Stemmler. For more information or to register, please use mindbodyonline.
- July 28, 2017: Prenatal/Postpartum and Understanding the Pelvic Floor -4 hours
Below are some of the many Mentor topics offered at Paragon, please contact us if you would like to request any of the following workshops.
- Working with Pre-Post Natal Clients
- Using Props in Mat Class
- Working with Dancers
- How to Recruit Proper Musculature and Turn Off Dominant Muscles
- Getting the Most Out of Your Words
- Finding the Inner Unit/PowerHouse
- Pilates ARC on the Reformer
- Mastering the Art of Pilates Program Design
- Working with Diastisis Recti
- Working with Low Back Pain
- Pilates Assessments (3 parts)
- Keys to Unlocking the Thoracic Spine & Liberating the Shoulder
- Anatomy in 3D – the Lower Leg and Foot
- Pelvic Stability
- Working with Men
- Advanced Pilates Trapeze and Reformer
- Foot Fetish – Explore the Importance of the Feet
- Anatomy in Motion – Training Your Eye to See Proper Body Mechanics
- Beyond the Chatter – Getting Clients Focused
Have an idea for a custom course?
Call the studio at (952) 405-9765 or email email@example.com and let us know!
Pilates teaching technique courses
- Mastering the Art of Pilates Program Design
- Pilates and physical therapy rehabilitation for all orthopedic conditions
- Pilates instructor training for rehabilitation
- Dance Medicine and special programming for dancers
- Mentor Series covering multiple topics for Pilates teachers
- The Fascial Sling System in the Pilates environment
- Prenatal and postpartum Pilates
- Anatomy in 3D
Pilates equipment courses
- Toys series for Pilates matwork using balls, therabands, magic circle, and foam rollers
- Pilates Orbit
- Pilates ARC on the mat and reformer
Dance medicine topics
- Special programming for dancers and dance teachers
- Mentor Series covering multiple topics for dance teachers
- Ask the Expert Events with the Minnesota Dance Medicine Foundation
Physical therapy topics
- ACL prevention training programs
- CoreAlign for the Physical Therapist
- Pilates instructor training for the Physical Therapist
- Posture and body mechanics and how they relate to overuse and injury
- Sports specific training for high schools, colleges and universities
- Whole Body Kinesiology Therapeutic Taping (CA Education Connection)